It’s back…after two successful recruiting clinics here in Utica, USA Luge Slider Search looks forward to returning to Utica on October 16th and 17th. The event will be held on Cornelia Street. This year’s schedule, featuring sleds on wheels, has started later than usual as a result of schedule changes and the pandemic.
There will be clinics from 9 AM to 11AM, 12-2 PM and 3-5 PM. Each session will be limited to 10 youngsters to accommodate social distancing. The clinics, for boys and girls ages 9-13, are free of charge and each young athlete will be given a complimentary USA Luge Slider Search T-shirt and face mask. Pre-event registration is mandatory. Former local four time Olympian and 2014 Bronze Medalist, Erin Hamlin will be on hand to help with sliding techniques.
To register, visit: usaluge.org… go to the drop down menu and click on
“Try Luge”…then click “Slider Search”. It’s a first come first served at the designated time slots. If your desired time slot is full, it will move you to check the next available clinic
USA Luge decided to move forward with the recruiting tour because of people’s desire to participate in outdoor activities. However, in an abundance of caution, at all locations, the Slider Search organization will deploy new cleaning and sanitizing protocols to keep participants safe.
USA Luge’s five rings of safety in this session will include:
1. A strict policy of social distancing (six feet at all times)
2. Wearing of face masks is mandatory
3. All sleds, helmets and registration items (pens, clip boards, tables, etc.) will be disinfected after each use with OSHA recommended cleaning products
4. USA Luge will provide hand sanitizer for all participants
5. Attendees are restricted to two adults per youth and must stay out of the ‘field of play’ area
Further information contact Paul Buckley at City Hall…315-792-0204 or: