UTICA – SUNY Polytechnic Institute (SUNY Poly) and Herkimer County Community College (Herkimer College) held a ceremony at SUNY Poly’s Mele Room Wednesday to announce an articulation agreement that provides eight new transfer paths for four different baccalaureate programs at SUNY Poly for graduating Herkimer College students.
Herkimer College President Cathleen McColgin said, “With the signing of the agreements today, Herkimer now has more than 200 transfer agreements with 37 institutions throughout the region, state, and nation. We value our partnership with SUNY Poly, and look forward to continuing to provide new and enhanced opportunities for our students and community.”
“SUNY Poly and Herkimer County Community College have had a longstanding collaborative partnership to seek ways to make attaining an impactful post-secondary education in the Mohawk Valley easier through leveraging the valuable resources that our institutions offer,” said SUNY Poly Interim President Dr. Grace Wang. “We are thrilled to have reached this agreement, and we will continue to seek new paths for graduating Herkimer College students to continue their education here at SUNY Poly.”
Under the agreement, qualified graduating students from Herkimer College can seamlessly transfer credits to four different undergraduate programs at SUNY Poly as follows:
· Business: Small Business Management A.S. into Business B.S.
· Business: Accounting A.A.S. into Accounting B.S.
· Business: Accounting A.S. into Accounting B.S.
· Business: Business Administration A.A.S. into Business B.S.
· Business: Business Administration A.S. into Business B.S.
· Business: Fashion Buying and Merchandising A.A.S. into Business B.S.
· Computer Science A.S. into Computer and Information Science B.S.
· Liberal Arts and Sciences: Science A.S. into Biology B.S.
Herkimer College students will be able to take advantage of the institutional agreement beginning in the fall 2019 semester.