What: Help the American Heart Association fight heart disease in women at the Utica Go Red For Women Luncheon. It is a time to celebrate women and empower them to improve their heart health.
This year’s luncheon will recognize the third annual Go Red Survivor Class, sponsored by Nascentia Health, featuring four women who are survivors of heart disease.
Other highlights include hearing from Passion Speaker Elizabeth Reardon, a heart disease survivor, and Go Red For Women Chairwoman Kate Rolf of Nascentia Health.
Where: Hart’s Hill Inn 135 Clinton Street Whitesboro
When: Wednesday, May 2nd Luncheon program runs from 12 noon – 1:00 p.m.
- Heart disease is the No. 1 killer of women.
- More women die of heart disease than all forms of cancer combined.
- 1 in 3 American women die of heart disease and stroke, compared to 1 in 30 women that die of breast cancer.
- Ninety percent of women have one or more risk factors for developing heart disease.
- Eighty percent of cardiac events in women may be prevented if they make the right choices for their hearts, involving diet, exercise and abstinence from smoking
Go Red For Women is nationally sponsored by Macy’s and CVS Health and locally sponsored by Nascentia Health; First Source Federal Credit Union; Gilroy, Kernan and Gilroy Insurance; M&T Bank; Mohawk Valley Health System; Excellus BlueCross BlueShield; Lite 98.7; and Professional Media Services.