Governor Andrew M. Cuomo today directed that flags on all state government buildings be flown at half-staff on Tuesday, August 29 to honor Information Systems Technician 2nd Class Corey George Ingram of Poughkeepsie and the nine other sailors killed in the collision involving the USS John S. McCain on August 21. The Navy said on Monday that the remains of all 10 bodies had been recovered.
“The entire New York family grieves for Petty Officer 2nd Class Ingram and the nine other sailors on the USS John S. McCain who lost their lives serving our country,” Governor Cuomo said. “These sailors answered the call to serve this nation and defend its values, and we will be forever grateful for their service and their sacrifice. We will lower flags on state government buildings on Tuesday in honor of Petty Officer Ingram and his nine fellow sailors who were killed in the collision.”
Sailors on the USS John S. McCain killed in the collision were:
- Electronics Technician 1st Class Charles Nathan Findley
- Interior Communications Electrician 1st Class Abraham Lopez
- Electronics Technician 2nd Class Kevin Sayer Bushell
- Electronics Technician 2nd Class Jacob Daniel Drake
- Information Systems Technician 2nd Class Timothy Thomas Eckels Jr.
- Information Systems Technician 2nd Class Corey George Ingram
- Electronics Technician 3rd Class Dustin Louis Doyon
- Electronics Technician 3rd Class John Henry Hoagland III
- Interior Communications Electrician 3rd Class Logan Stephen Palmer
- Electronics Technician 3rd Class, Kenneth Aaron Smith